If you've come here looking for my taphophile and graveyard posts, they can now be found at my new blog, Beneath Thy Feet. Hope to see you there.

Monday 13 February 2012

What a difference...



A year makes.

This time last year I was sat in a stark A&E watiting room as I had just started spotting at 10 weeks during my third pregnancy.

Many long silent hours later I was seen and told to simply go home and wait it out. Sadly any hope we had died along with the promise of our child on 23rd February 2011. We were the victims of a missed misscarriage due to a blighted ovum. A quirk of nature where nothing develops from the fertilised egg save an empty sac. An empty sac that your body clings to desperately for weeks before nature takes it's course.

In some respects it feels as if it only happened yesterday and in others it feels like it happened 10 years ago.

Yet here we are, a year later, expecting the arrival of our third daughter by elective c-section on 9th March this year.

One thing that loss cruelly took from me was ignorance. The innocent belief that every pregnancy ends in a baby and that everything would be okay. Of course I knew about misscarriage and loss, but those were terrible truly sad things that happened to other people.

I will never believe that my unborn daughter is safe and well until she is here and in my arms.


25 days to go...

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow - goosebumps galore. I'm so sorry for your loss, but so happy you have been blessed again :) Good luck, how exciting - not long to go! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you good luck and safe arrival of your new daughter. I had a similar experience almost two years ago when I suffered a miscarriage, but like you was ignorant, and was taken completely by surprise upon my 12 week scan, something I could not imagine after 2 perfectly healthy pregnancies. Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sad post but with a happy outcome. I think it's so good to share these things. People never talk about miscarriage and I think they should. I didn't realise how common it is.

    Good luck for the next 25 days and hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a powerful post.

    Even now at 33 weeks pregnant I am still so so scared something is going to go wrong having experienced a friend lose a baby at 36 weeks!

    Sadly miscarriage is all too common and heartbreaking. Good luck with your section - I had an elective section with MC and can recommend arnica and a caesarean belt (message/tweet me if you need more info)...I was driving within 2 weeks.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a miscarriage at 12 weeks for my first pregnancy and can remember how devastated I was, all through the two following pregnancies I always had a niggling in my mind that something might go wrong, but here I am today with two happy, healthy, slightly mad kids. As 'here come the girls' said that it is often not until you have a miscarriage and start talking about it that other people talk about it too. It makes you realise just how precious life is and how lucky we are to be blessed with the people we have in our life. Good luck with the birth and look forward to reading about it - I am sure there are many people thinking about you and sending you lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very sorry for your loss, I knoe some Ladies who have had this kind of loss, very hard to come to terms with, ((hugs)) x

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...